Thursday, March 5, 2009

THIRSTY THURSDAY


I was worried that Tom would put up another post if I didn't get something up here soon.

Lots of happenings in the last two weeks; hopefully I'll get some time to get to all of them in the next few days. For now, enjoy some wisdom from run coach Jack Daniels. Flotrack has a series called Thirsty Thursdays with Jack Daniels (get it?), with some great insight on coaching, training and sports in general. If anyone out there with some free time on their hands wants to start "FloTri", that would be awesome.


Here's a sample:








I've also completed a quick update of the unofficial QFG scoring Grid, and the Ontario All Time List. Both documents are a work in progress, and pretty rough. Google Documents doesn't like my MSExcel formatting, and seems to round off all of the times, so I'm not thrilled with that. But until I can publish pdf files on Google Documents, we'll have to use this format. As always, I invite and encourage feedback from coaches and athletes - the only way I can be accurate and recognize athletes for their accomplishments is with your help. Leave a comment, or e-mail me.

And while I'm on the topic of recognizing athletes, here's to Andrew Yorke, who ran 8:37.9 for the 3000m at the OU indoor track championships. The puts him only 1 sec off the world standard, which he's sure to get when he moves to a 400m track. Nice running for Yorkie, coming immediately after a triathlon training camp in Tucson.

Lots of other Ontario athletes have been posting great times, and putting in solid training, too. Congrats to everyone on their successes so far.





No comments: