Sunday, August 30, 2009

VICTORIA UPDATE

Connor and I (Ian) have spent the last five days training in Victoria in preparation for the World Championships in Gold Coast, Australia. We have another four days of work before our flight across the world.

Victoria has been nice to us. Great weather, plenty of training partners, and amazing accommodations. We are staying with the Sharpe family, Matt being the third member of the Junior Men's team. The Sharpes live about a quarter mile from the pool, and are only minutes from seemingly endless trails.
I got to test out the Elk Lake 10k loop for the first time this morning. After a few minutes with the group I decided to test the waters by myself out in front. Kyle and D.J. came with me and kept me grounded, seeing as it was a base run. I think I'm getting better at the idea of recovery workouts. Connor and I seem to have developed a routine of letting each other know when one of us takes things out at an unassigned pace. I disagreed with him this morning, but as you can see below, we often have different styles.




No comments: