Friday, May 22, 2009

TRIPLE T ADVENTURE





I'm sure many athletes will make the most of the great weather this weekend, and put in some big training. James Loaring is in Ohio this weekend, taking a crack at the American Triple T Triathlon. It's a three day event, with a super-sprint triathlon today (Friday), two Olympics tomorrow (one in the morning, one in the afternoon) and a half-iron distance on Sunday. Personally, I think you have to be a little crazy to sign up for this event - James thought it sounded like 'fun'.

There aren't any results up yet, but James sends this update from the prologue earlier today:

"Finished 4th overall (3rd solo), :50" back of John Kenney (who smashed the swim and bike). I likely went a bit too hard but also wanted to get the :30" bonus (which goes top 5 overall regardless of division) the hills are nothing I have ever raced on before--but I like hills. It is truly awesome stuff. Excited for tomorrow. I know for sure I need to throttle way back tomorrow morning. Gonna be a monster couple days of training."


Good times. Race smart JL.



No comments: