Wednesday, July 8, 2009

GATINEAU PRE-RACE MEETING

This is UNOFFICIAL, but it's the most recent info I have.

Several athletes & coaches have noticed that the Gatineau schedule does not list the pre-race meeting. The pre-race meeting is a regular feature at Junior Series Races, ITU races, and Championship races, usually held one or two days prior to the event.

I followed up with the technical director for Junior Nationals, and they have TENTATIVELY planned on holding the pre-race meeting at 11am on SATURDAY morning (race morning). The feeling was that some athletes would miss the meeting if it was held Friday, because they would not receive notice of the meeting. In order to ensure that as many junior athletes as possible attend the meeting, the decision seems to be to hold the pre-race meeting on Saturday morning. Currently, I don't know the location for the meeting, but I will update if/when I get that info. This info is still tentative, but it's the most recent info I currently have.

CT



No comments: