Wednesday, May 7, 2008

GIDDY-UP

I was mildly disappointed to learn that my new secret training idea isn't new, and isn't secret - but at least it works. With all of the horse farms and harness racing tracks I pass on my way to work, I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Maybe it was the 10 feet of snow we had all winter. In recognition of the fact that I'm actually behind the curve on this one, I'm proposing we kick it up a notch, with the following modifications:

1) I'll feed my athletes oats in between the intervals.
2) Anyone who pulls up lame will be appropriately dealt with.

I like the triathlon-inspired aerospoke wheels, but don't expect me to wear those pants.

Continuing with our ultra-serious theme today, I've done some blogroll maintenance. I've removed those who have been guilty of infrequent blogging (Yorkie, you're next), and added Connor Hammond who is currently training with Joel's squad in Victoria. Suggestions always welcome for blog links - short course, long course, or other sports - to Canadian athletes.

Enjoy the reading, and get out there and train.

No comments: