Thursday, May 8, 2008

JUNIORS - VISIT THE FORUM

I'm off for a week; hopefully James' won't burn the PTC down while I'm gone. This will be the last vacation for my wife and I before we welcome a baby into the world in July - that's her foot below. The mother of one of our juniors told me today that she took a trip before the arrival of her first child, and the next time she stepped on an airplane was 2 months ago (17 years later). Oh dear. I guess we'll have to savour this last quiet vacation.



More importantly, it's a good time to re-post an important link. I've set up a free forum for Junior athletes (and parents and coaches) to co-ordinate our travel to three Junior draft-legal races this summer: Pinawa (MB), Summerside (PEI), and Kelowna (BC). Unfortunatley, I don't plan on being at the Gatineau race (Provincials), because it's very close to the delivery date, and it's a long drive back to the hospital from Quebec. I am trying to organize a designated coach to support the Ontario athletes at the race, but athletes will have to make their own transportation and accommodation arrangements. If someone wants to take the lead on that, just start another thread on the forum to get it rolling.

Either way, please visit the forum if you want some help traveling this summer. The offer is open to ALL juniors who are draft legal certified and planning to attend these races.

Have a good week, and train smart.


No comments: